- Issue Time
RFID technology is applied to jewelry inventory management. Installing RFID readers in warehouses can also achieve precise inventory positioning and automation of inventory, which greatly improves the efficiency of inventory management and reduces management costs.
- As an advanced automatic identification technology, RFID technology has been integrated into economic and social development in an all-round, multi-angle, wide field and deep level, especially in the fields of personnel management, asset management, and intelligent transportation. RFID technology has injected a new vitality into the information society. Today let us understand the application advantages of RFID technology in the jewelry industry.
- Optimize inventory management
- The application of RFID technology in inventory management can effectively improve inventory management efficiency and reduce management costs. The characteristics of small size and high price of jewelry make it difficult to inventory. Most of the current jewelry inventory management uses barcodes as its intelligent method. Although its intelligence is greatly improved than before, it still requires a lot of manpower and material resources to be invested in inventory management. Replacing the barcode system with an RFID system not only eliminates a lot of manual operations, but also reduces the risk of errors while improving efficiency. Installing RFID readers in warehouses can also automate precise inventory positioning and inventory, greatly improving the efficiency of inventory management.
- Facilitates data mining and decision support
- 1 Provide more accurate raw data
- The application of RFID technology can effectively reduce measurement errors and data omissions during data collection, improve data quality, and provide more accurate original data for data mining.
- 2 Guaranteed timeliness
- Both data mining and decision support pay attention to timeliness. If the data is outdated, the models and patterns based on the data are outdated, and the meaning of the results will be greatly reduced. The RFID system can read multiple tags at the same time, which can slow down the data aging caused by slow manual operation in the past, so that the data mining system and decision support system can obtain various data in real time.
- 3 Provide new data mining objects
- After applying the RFID system, the information system can collect new data such as the frequency of customers in a specific location, the customer's movement trajectory, and the stay time of customers in different locations. By data mining these, new information that is helpful for decision-making can be obtained. For example, it can count the frequency of customers and the time customers stay around each counter and booth in a certain period, and get the hot jewelry that customers pay attention to, which can provide decision-making basis for targeted purchasing and marketing.